Why Should My Loved One Consider Elderly Companion Care?
When your loved ones retire, their time for social activities will increase. For many retirees, their support system feels limited. When they do not want to burden neighbors or loved ones for help and often become too isolated. Social isolation can lead to health concerns like depression or weakness in muscles and joints from lack of activity. Getting out, staying active and involved in favorite activities helps keep minds sharp, bodies strong and spirits high. Having a companion who checks on them also helps encourage an elderly person to make better life and health decisions.
What Is Elderly Companion Care?
Elderly Companion Care provides non-medical assistance to aging adults. Our Companion Care Services include:
- A partner to help with shopping or errands
- An assistant to help with reminders and memory stimulation
- An aid for household chores
- A companion to drive them or assist them in attending social events and travel
- A proponent for hobbies or personal interests
- An attendant for comfort and security
At Soft Touch Home Care we make sure that the services we provide helps your loved one remain independent as long as possible. In addition to non-medical Companion Care, we also offer in home options for support through Personal Care or Alzheimer’s Care performed by a medical professional. We also offer support specific needs for Hospice Care patients and relief for the caregiver through Respite Care.